Friday, July 14, 2017

Review: "Hello forever" by Sarina Bowen


Author: Sarina Bowen
Main characters: Axel Armitage and Caxton "Cax" Williams

I got an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review :) once again Sarina Bowen wowed me with her story :) I am just a sucker for her writing style... it gets me every time :) especially since she has a beautiful talent of mixing up some hilarious themes with much more serious ones... most of the times, I laugh AND cry during one of her books :) this particular story was actually published under a different title and pseudonym a while ago... but I never heard of it, until recently :) and missing out on this wonderful story would be such a shame :) this is theoretically a second book in a series, but it can be read as a standalone... I will explain everything a bit more later :) because for now, I want to tell you a bit about our main couple :)

Axel and Cax... once again I absolutely fell in love with both main characters... :) Sarina just really knows how to write them... ;) they've been friends since they were young, until one summer... at a church camp no less, when they were caught kissing... and since both of them have very different family situations, well... it didn't really end well... fast forward to about six years later... they had zero contact in the meantime... until one night Axel, while pondering a job offer from a university, watches online a basketball game of their team... and he sees Cax in the audience... that is the final argument in the plus column for him to take the job ;) once he gets there and sees him for the first time after that very long time... well, I don't really want to say too much about their relationship, because once you understand two very different situations they are in, you will get it... Axel is an openly gay man... he has an amazing mom, who supports him... Cax on the other hand is a whole another story... raised by a horrible and homophobic father, with three younger brothers still living with said father that he needs to think about, his situation is much more serious and complicated... but you know? all those obstacles make their happy ending that much more beautiful :) again, I don't want to get into specifics, because it will be much better if you discover everything like I did, along the way... :) but what I can say, is that it was absolutely heartbreaking and yet heartwarming at the same time... see? I told ya about Sarina's writing style... it's magic ;)

Like I mentioned before in this review, this is book #2 but the only way it's connected to the first one is this: Caleb and Josh, the main couple from it, are Axel's landlords in this one ;) so they appear in a few scenes, and that's such a lovely bonus, but you don't need to know their story to enjoy this one and vice versa ;) although I highly recommend for you guys to read both of them, in whatever order you want :) besides our main couple, we got another few fantastic characters :) there were Caleb, Josh and Axel's mom, who I mentioned before ;) but there are three more I want to tell you about :) we have Boz, Axel's co-worker :) his reaction to Axel's being gay is priceless :) in the best way :) there's also Amy, Cax's friend and "girlfriend" for the world to see... don't judge him for that... she is aware of the whole situation and is actually helping him a lot... and then we have Jason... there is one scene, closer to the end of the book... that makes me think that maybe... just maybe... we will have another book in this series some time in the future ;) and all I can say for that is... fingers crossed ;)

I have to say that I absolutely adored this book :) another easily given 5 stars :) but to be honest, now I expect nothing less from Sarina... and she always delivers ;) with wonderful stories that hit you in all the feels, great characters, that you can't help but fall in love with and the writing style that keeps you glued to the pages every time ;) this particular book was once again written in 2 POVs, which means we got chapters from Axel's perspective, as well as Cax's ;) and you should know by now that this is my favourite writing style ever ;) to be able to glimpse inside the heads of both our main characters, see what drives them... *sighs happily* I very highly recommend you guys to check out this book and this series in general... :) and if you are not a fan of MM stories... no judgement here, then definitely give some of her other books a try... she has plenty to choose from ;)

XOXO

A

No comments:

Post a Comment