Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Review: "Nyles" by Kat Brewer


Author: Kat Brewer
Title: "Nyles"
Book 1 in series Portal's gift
Main characters: Nyles and Reggie

I got an ARC of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review :) this is the first story in a companion series to The chronicles of Erla... and I highly recommend you guys to read that original series first, because those books will definitely help you understand the whole world and all the rules that much better... plus, all the main heroes from this new series... we already met them before :) so it helps to have all that backstory before going into this one :) ok, since this particular book was somewhere between a novella and a full lenght story, there is not much that I can tell you without spoilers... :) but I will try my best :) that's also the reason why this review will be shorter than I usually write... basically, I will tell you a bit more about the premise of this story and the world it is set in, and then share some overall thoughts and feelings... that is the only way to do it without spoilers... ok, so let's just jump right in :)

This book, as well as all others from the original series, concentrates around a woman who is transported from Earth, through a transdimensional rift, into the world of Jiva... *sighs* I know how that sounds, so don't roll your eyes at me... and don't dismiss it, before you try it :) I took a chance a while back and absolutely fell in love with the characters created by the lovely Kat :) the world of Jiva is filled with kingdoms and queendoms, and as the name suggests, in different countries, different sexes are more dominant... I can't really say anything else about them, because trust me... in that original series A LOT of stuff happens... :) and quite a few things changes... :) this particular story follows Nyles, the king of Serlenn, and a new portal traveler... and when I heard that we will finally get a happy ending for him I was thrilled... :) he was one of my favourite secondary characters in the original series and I really wanted to see the woman who will steal his heart... :) the wait was worth it :) it was an absolutely adorable story, with some very surprising twists... but since it's a shorter one, that's pretty much all I can say :) now on to my opinion about it :)

I gave this particular story 4,5 stars :) I enjoyed it, and there is a small surprise near the end... an additional novella :) and that cute little gem was really lovely :) another wonderful surprise :) it told the story about a secondary character from "Nyles" :) and I was very surprised by how quickly I fell in love with the main characters from that novella... ;) but back to the main topic of this review :) like I said, because Nyles was an utterly charming man I loved for the longest time, I was very happy to see him with a woman, who chose him... and Reggie was... not what I expected :) but yet again she was someone who sneakily stole my heart ;) #NoRegrets :) theirs was a lovely and charming story, and I already can't wait to go back to this world, to see what sorts of adventures and happy endings Kat planned for the rest of the men... ;) definitely give it a try :)

XOXO

A

No comments:

Post a Comment